[Jawlist] Weekly Science Report 1-27-17

Steve Detwiler steveorange2011 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:23:30 PST 2017

*Weekly Science Report*

*January 27, 2017*

*“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”*

Saint Augustine

*Table of Contents*

Introduction. 2

News Articles. 3

Paleontology, Evolution and Prehistoric Studies. 3

History. 4

Archaeology. 5

Egyptology. 6

General Science. 7

Physics, Earth and Space Sciences. 8

Environment, Climate Change and Alternative Energy Sources. 9

Biological, Genetics and Medical Sciences. 10

Other 11

Additional Informational 12

Introduction

Steve Detwiler created this publication with the support of Graham Hancock
and John Anthony West to share news and information on various disciplines
to include but not limited to paleontology, space sciences, genetics and
archaeology.  His goal behind sharing this publication has always been very
simple, by sharing knowledge we can make our world a better place.  This
publication is Mr. Detwiler’s contribution to bring people together and
share ideas and discoveries with his fellow humans.

I hope you enjoy this publication and that the content challenges and
inspires you!

Steve Detwiler

News Articles   *Paleontology, Evolution and Prehistoric Studies*

Scientists Discover Prehistoric Giant Otter Species In China

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/23/511251648/scientists-discover-prehistoric-giant-otter-species-in-china?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170123

*History*

Rare Hebrew books and manuscripts acquired by National Library of Israel

http://theartnewspaper.com/news/museums/rare-hebrew-books-and-manuscripts-acquired-by-national-library-of-israel/

An unlikely messenger becomes a guiding spirit to young Muslims

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/an-unlikely-messenger-becomes-a-guiding-spirit-to-young-muslims/2017/01/18/7289f938-c62d-11e6-85b5-76616a33048d_story.html?utm_term=.a515fb321b72

Madeleine Albright: 'I stand ready to register as Muslim in #solidarity'

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/madeleine-albright-muslim-executive-order/index.html?sr=fbcnni012617madeleine-albright-muslim-executive-order0220PMStoryLink&linkId=33801077

Anne Frank and her family were also denied entry as refugees to the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/24/anne-frank-and-her-family-were-also-denied-entry-as-refugees-to-the-u-s/?utm_term=.aac1f19fb741

Egypt's Museum of Islamic Art welcomes first visitors since 2014 bombing

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-egypt-culture-museum-idUSKBN1560UD

Beware hate speech, says Auschwitz Holocaust survivor

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38745115

The Forgotten Stories of Muslims Who Saved Jewish People during the
Holocaust

http://time.com/4651298/holocaust-memorial-day-muslims-jews/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Haunting Twitter Account Shares the Fates of the Refugees of the St. Louis
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/haunting-twitter-account-shares-the-fates-of-the-refugees-of-st-louis-180961955/#lpjg41ewGoT5u0RS.01

Pope Francis: You can’t defend Christianity by being ‘against refugees and
other religions’

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/pope-francis-you-cant-defend-christianity-by-being-against-refugees-and-other-religions/

On Holocaust Remembrance Day: A third of survivors in the US are poor

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/us/holocaust-survivor-poverty/index.html?sr=fbCNN012717holocaust-survivor-poverty0156PMStoryLink&linkId=33840739

Story of Japan’s 'Schindler' offers lessons for tackling contemporary
xenophobia

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=56052#.WI6gdOQo7an

WH: No mention of Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day because others were
killed too

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/white-house-holocaust-memorial-day/index.html?sr=fbCNN012917white-house-holocaust-memorial-day0530AMVODtopLink&linkId=33891522

*Archaeology*

Archaeologists uncover new clues to Maya collapse

https://phys.org/news/2017-01-archaeologists-uncover-clues-maya-collapse.html

Trump is eager to undo sacred tribal monument, says Orrin Hatch

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/01/27/hatch-trump-is-eager-to-work-with-gop-lawmakers-to-undo-sacred-tribal-monument/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.a31abe153c79

Danish archaeologists find 3,500-year-old gemstones

http://cphpost.dk/news/danish-archaeologists-find-3500-year-old-gemstones.html

Pakistan's Moenjodaro is crumbling away

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/12/pakistan-moenjodaro-crumbling-161219084641324.html

*Egyptology*

Nothing to report

*General Science*

How A.I. could be our most intelligent defense against hackers

*http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-a-i-could-be-our-most-intelligent-defense-against-hackers/
<http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-a-i-could-be-our-most-intelligent-defense-against-hackers/>*

*Physics, Earth and Space Sciences*

Asteroid mining sounds hard, right?  You don’t know the half of it

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/asteroid-mining-sounds-hard-right-dont-know-half/?mbid=nl_12317_p1&CNDID=41291302

NASA releases first results from ‘Year In Space’ twin study

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/nasa-year-in-space-twin-study/

*Environment, Climate Change and Alternative Energy Sources*

Tide rises on Robert Rauschenberg's island retreat

http://theartnewspaper.com/news/conservation/tide-rises-on-rauschenberg-island-retreat/

All Dutch Trains Now Run on 100% Wind Power

https://futurism.com/all-dutch-trains-now-run-on-100-wind-power/

Nation’s Largest Offshore Wind Farm Will Be Built Off Long Island

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/business/energy-environment/long-island-power-authority-offshore-wind.html?_r=1

Hawaii Aims For 100 Percent Renewable Energy by 2045

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/hawaii-renewable-energy-2045/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=global&utm_campaign=general-content&linkId=33869669

Growing Lettuce on World's Largest Rooftop Farm

http://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2017/01/growing-lettuce-on-worlds-largest-rooftop-farm/

As Obama Clean Power Plan Fades, States Craft Strategies To Move Beyond It

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/25/511616327/as-obama-clean-power-plan-fades-states-craft-strategies-to-move-beyond-it?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170126

*Biological, Genetics and Medical Sciences*

Ugandans invent 'smart jacket' to diagnose pneumonia

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-01-ugandans-smart-jacket-pneumonia.html

First human-pig embryos made, then destroyed

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/health/human-pig-embryo/index.html?sr=fbCNN012717human-pig-embryo0145AMVODtopLink&linkId=33828584

The Editor of Life’s Building Blocks

http://time.com/4518815/feng-zhang-next-generation-leaders/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

*Other*

Paramount and CBS settle lawsuit against Star Trek fan movie

http://www.blastr.com/2017-1-22/paramount-and-cbs-settle-lawsuit-against-star-trek-fan-movie?__source=Blastr_True_Anthem_Blastr_Facebook&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5885478404d30162f82507bb&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Fast track to the future

https://www.wired.com/brandlab/2017/01/fast-track-future/?mbid=nl_12317_p3&CNDID=41291302

Unofficial national parks account trolls Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/travel/unofficial-national-park-service-account-trolls-trump/index.html?sr=fbCNN012617unofficial-national-park-service-account-trolls-trump1230AMStoryLink&linkId=33784724

Scientists planning their own march in Washington

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/scientists-march-dc-trnd/index.html?sr=fbCNN012517scientists-march-dc-trnd1158PMStoryLink&linkId=33782736

It's Not Just The Park Service: 'Rogue' Federal Twitter Accounts Multiply

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/01/27/512007632/its-not-just-the-park-service-rogue-federal-twitter-accounts-multiply?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170127

Additional Informational

National Geographic Channel, Atlantis Rising

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/atlantis-rising/videos/atlantis-rising-trailer/

JAW & Hancock Live in NY!

http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a617949e1e1506492a4fcc5e8&id=8684ff9aad&e=c8c89e2927

*John Anthony West Project*